Monday, January 25, 2010

Workin' on my Fitness

With engagement pictures looming, dress shopping right on the horizon, and the thought of being up in front of a ton of people, I knew that it was time for me to get my butt in gear. Since Taylor and I started dating in 2007, I've gained about 15 lbs. This number is not all that huge, but the fact that I'm 5'2, it's made a difference.

I've ALWAYS been skinny. For example, I didn't even break a 100 lbs until the end of my sophomore year in High School. My metabolism was outta control back then! I used to eat McDonald's french fries ALL the time, not to mention at LEAST 3 times a week my boyfriend and I used to go to McDonalds for breakfast. Then I came to college......so long teenage metabolism!
I really struggle with eating healthy mainly due to the fact that I HATE veggies. I've NEVER liked them at all and the only thing i'll eat is green beans. Pretty pathetic huh? This leaves me with exercise as pretty much my only option of getting back to a weight that I'm happy with. Another thing? I HATE working out! So obviously the odds are against me!

My friend Erica and I are partnering up to get our butts in gear. We are trying new classes (bosu, zumba, step, cardio kickboxing) and hopefully by the time we take our engagement pictures, I'll have the tone body that I've never had. That's my problem, I used to be skinny, but it wasn't a "tone" skinny.

Don't believe I've gained some weight? Here are a couple of pics for your viewing enjoyment :) This is how I looked on the day Taylor and I met......literally! For those of you who don't know, Taylor and I met at a Halloween party!

And here is Taylor and I in Charlotte for Suleika's wedding back in September. Look at those arms! You guys better buy your tickets now, because hopefully in a few months you guys can all come to my gun show! Hahahaha! :)

2 comments:

Erica said...

You my friend are amazing! Let's do this!

dianne f. said...

I wanna be your workout buddy!