
Not Coco though, she's an old pro!
Once we were all safely in Lamesa, we all opened presents. Taylor bought me some gorgeous antique jewelry I'd had my eye on and I'm excited to incorporate it into my wedding attire!
On Christmas night my family gathered around our kitchen table and played games. Among them Loteria (Mexican Bingo) and Toma Todo. Toma Todo is a game played with a toy top. Each side of the top reads in Spanish, put one, take one, take two etc. etc. We played the game with nickels and the goal is to spin the top until it reads Toma Todo (take all) and you win what's in the pot! 

That night we also had a lot of fun going through some of my sister's old toys. She was a huge barbie fan so she brought out all her old barbies. She pulled out a couple of them and I dubbed them the Ghosts of Christmas Toys past. When I was in 10 and she was 5 we were IN LOVE with New Kids. I got Jordan for Christmas that year and she got Jonathan. To this day she remains a wee bit jealous that I got the Jordan doll and she got stuck with his brother Jonathan!
By the end of the night, Ms. Coco was beat. This was when she jumped on me like a lap dog and proceeded to sleep on me for about 2 hours!
Next came New Year's Eve. A lot of our friends were in San Antonio for the Bowl Game so Taylor and I decided to dress up and hit the town on our own. We took a cab to the Depot District and had a blast. Here are a few pics we took while waiting for our cab to come get us.
Coco was ready to party!

I hope all of you had a fabulous Christmas and New Years!




No comments:
Post a Comment