Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sending the Bachelorette out in STYLE!

Ok so yeah my bachelorette party happened 7 months ago, but since I've been a blog slacker, I wanted to chronicle everything that occurred before my big day! This will be the first of several in the next coming week ending with the wedding.

August 4-7, myself and 3 of my lovely bridesmaids (Lins, Christi and Court) boarded a plane and headed for VEGAS! I had never been and boy did we have a great time! Here's Court and I enjoying a frosty beverage on the flight to Vegas!

The first night we got there we got dressed up, and as you can see they gave me the bachelorette treatment by making me don a red feather boa that matched perfectly with my dress! My sister got us tickets to Thunder from Down Under and we had a blast! Contrary to popular belief, the men do NOT get naked.......Phew! Aaaaaand luckily for me, I did not get called up on stage :)


The second night we were there, we ate at a restaurant in the Bellagio run by world renown chef Todd English called Olives. A fellow colleague at Tech recommended it and we absolutely LOVED it! We were able to grab a table on the patio and had a front row seat to the fountain show at the Bellagio. Here we are on the patio!

After dinner we of course stopped to pose for pictures before heading to our next stop. That was the beauty of the trip, we kind of just went wherever we wanted to!


Our next stop was Gilley's bar located inside Treasure Island. Gilley's was pretty much our home away from home, they played country music.....which we felt much obliged to show everyone how to REALLY dance, none of that line dancing bull crap haha! The bar had saddles for bar stools, a mechanical bull riding contest (which we did NOT participate in haha) but we had ONE major complaint, the bar was called Gilley's, after the legendary Gilley's John Travolta made famous in the late 70's. Now one would think this Gilley's would remember its roots and honor the legend of the original Gilley's by having Urban Cowboy playing continuously on a loop, but alas they did not. Now don't you worry though, I took it upon myself to tell the manager how Urban Cowboy on a loop could make his bar just that much better if he took care of that one minor detail. Now normally I wouldn't take it upon myself to tell a manager how to run his bar, but I'm pretty sure the margaritas we enjoyed had a hand in helping ;)



After Gilley's we started heading back to our room at the Monte Carlo and walked back through the Bellagio. We ended up getting sidetracked and found ourselves in Jay Z's club called The Bank. While there we met some super nice folks who live in Vegas and invited us to their VIP lounge area. Aaaand just to show how small a world we live in, one of our new friends was born in Amarillo!

After the bank we finally headed back for our hotel and of course stopped for picture ops along the way..."Did the real Caesar stay here?" haha


The last day we there, the boys joined us for a day of fun. Here are some fun pics taken at Aria, pretty much one of the coolest casinos we saw on the trip. There is a HIGH END mall located inside and when I say HIGH end I mean HIGH end. Stores I had never even heard of and waaaaaay out of our budget were located here. Yup that's a Dior located just behind me!




That night our whole group went to dinner at a restaurant called Stack located inside The Mirage. The food was delicious and we all had a great time! Afterwards we went out to a couple of bars as a group and then us girls went back to our room since we were flying out the next morning while the boys stayed for a couple more nights.

We absolutely had a BLAST in Vegas and I can't wait to go back. Taylor and I have discussed going back together and going to some shows and doing things that we weren't able to do the first time around. HOPEFULLY this will be something we'll be able to do this year!

Next up.....the rehearsal dinner!

No comments: