Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Big Day (Part 1)

Ok, so that I don't bombard my page with a humongo (yes I just used the word humongo!) entry about my wedding day, I decided that I'll break it up into several mini posts. The first? Getting ready!

I am so lucky to have the wonderful Lorrie Caballero hair stylist extraordinaire as my friend. She is a miracle worker I tell ya! We met quite randomly 3 years ago and she's been amazing to me ever since. Here she is rolling my hair into humongo (haha that's twice now!) curls. And that froyo I'm eating? That's the only thing I could eat that day because of nerves! Many thanks to Lins and Christi for fetching it for me :)

Flashback to 2001! Suleika used to be my personal stylist/groomer back in the day and I literally had a case of deja vu on my wedding day when Suleika found a few strays that needed plucking!

Not only did Lorrie do my hair but she also did my make-up for the day. I love this picture because you can see Christi in the background on my phone which was ringing non-stop the day of the wedding. I got tired of answering, so Christi became the designated phone answerer that day. We also had a running joke (that we still use today haha!) about how Christi's job was the same as Anne Hathaway's maid of honor in Bride Wars. Her main job was to tell me about my bridal beauty!

Here's Lori taming my mane!

This moment is pretty bittersweet. Here's Lins putting on a brooch (part of my something old) that belonged to my step-grandmother. She and I were kindred spirits, loving all things vintage and even jewelry making. Back in October I had a bridal shower and my Mom brought Cleo with her. She spent the entire shower making conversation with everyone and was never without a smile on her face. Sadly the very next day she passed away quite suddenly. Here she is sitting next to me playing the bridal bingo game.

My something borrowed was something from Taylor's Mom. We pinned this little mustard seed pin underneath my cummerbund. The pin belonged to Dana's grandmother and is something very special to her.

And here is the finished hair with my cage veil and brooch fascinator. Seriously ladies, Lorrie is a miracle worker, I looooved my hair that day! I had originally planned to make my veil myself with some veiling I bought on Etsy. Well the way the veiling was cut, it didn't quite work the way I wanted it to, so TWO days before the wedding we went to David's Bridal and bought the veil for $20 bucks! I did however make my brooch fascinator with a vintage brooch that was a gift from Taylor for our first engaged Christmas.

Meanwhile as things were all abuzz in the ladies area, here's what the boys were doing haha!
Yup, drinking and playing the Wii haha! I had our photographer take a gift to Taylor from me and I swear it's the gift that keeps on giving......Call of Duty Black Ops. He seriously plays this game almost daily. Well there you have it my friends.......part ONE is done! :)

1 comment:

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

I absolutely love your veil! Such a gorgeous bride! <3
Relentless Bride®