On our first date on October 29, 2007, (Yup, today is our 2 year anniversary) Taylor cooked dinner for me and then took me to the movies to see Darjeeling Limited. When we came back to his house after the movie we began talking about music. I pulled out my ipod and asked if he had ever heard of Wilco. He hadn't, so I proceeded to play one of my favorite songs for him, Impossible Germany. This song has an amazing guitar solo and I wanted this to be Taylor's first experience to the world of Wilco.
The Proposal:
During the summer of '09 I received an email alert that Wilco was coming to Dallas on October 9, 2009. I immediately snatched up 2 tickets and made plans for Taylor and I to attend the show. Little did I know that this was when Taylor planned to propose. Taylor, knowing just how much I love Wilco, contacted their management to see if Jeff Tweedy himself would call us up on stage for the proposal. Unfortunately (fortunate for me though I might have passed out because of sheer happiness!) the management company sent Taylor a very kind email stating that it would break up the artistic flow of the concert. Taylor was just surprised he even got a response at all!
On the night of the concert, it was a bit chilly and when we were getting out of the car to go to the concert, Taylor said, "I think I may change, let me see if I packed some socks." I told him that he was fine in what he was wearing but he went into his bag anyway and said, "Yeah I did bring socks." This was when he grabbed the ring and unbeknownst to me put it in his pocket.
Taylor and I weasled our way to the front row and several songs in, Wilco started to play Impossible Germany. Right when Nels Cline began his guitar solo, Taylor tapped me on the shoulder and whispered in my ear and asked if I wanted to marry him. When I turned around there he was with the ring in hand!
(This is a video I found on YouTube, it's not from the concert we went to, but if you fast forward to about 1:20, this is when Taylor asked me to marry him!)




2 comments:
love the story, love you guys and I am so happy for you! congrats!
That's such a sweet story! Fidler totally gets some cool points!
Post a Comment