We ventured out to Charlotte on September 24 and didn't waste any time once we got there. Taylor and I went to the Charlotte Nature Museum and even though it's meant for children, Taylor and I had a blast! Here we are looking super fly! haha
They also had this picture op of a lifesize bug that you could place your head on, the caption painted on the wall says, "The cutest bug at the Charlotte Nature Museum" I personally think my version is way cuter than Taylor's obviously because I'm carrying a purse!
We then went to the Carolina Raptor Center and saw lots of amazing birds. Taylor and I fell in love with some of the owls there. They had so many different kinds of owls, but this little one was our favorite. Isn't she adorable? When Taylor and I looked at her, she seriously looked like some kind of animatronic bird :)
We then ventured one day to the North Carolina White Water Center where US athletes train for the olympics in kayaking and rafting. We didn't actually get to kayak or white water raft, but we did get to zipline over the water! Cameras weren't allowed, so I don't have any pictures of us in our gear, but trust me, we looked pretty hilarious in our harnesses and helmets!
Taylor and I also visited the Charlotte History Museum and it was our lucky day because they had a colonial reinactment and people were dressed in colonial gear. There were antique cannons, women cooking food, drummers and flute players and all kinds of other interesting things. Here's Taylor grinding some corn!
And lastly, here are pictures of the beautiful couple. The first was taken at their DELICIOUS bbq rehearsal dinner. Aren't John and Suleika gorgeous? The second is at their wedding which was held in the penthouse of the Pink Building in downtown Charlotte. The penthouse was beautiful as was the view! The penthouse had 3 different views of downtown, one of the balconies overlooked the Carolina Panther Stadium!
Taylor and I had a wonderful time and like I mentioned earlier, Charlotte was beautiful! The scenery was absolutely amazing and we can't wait to visit again!




1 comment:
It seemed like a great time! I've always wanted to visit there. Now I know what to do when I do!
Post a Comment