
A few days ago my good friend from back home sent me a youtube video about a touring band performing in Lubbock who is classified as a Japanese Comic Punk band. I told him I was trying to save some money so I thought I would pass. His response? The cover is only $5 bucks. So of course I agreed, what did I have to lose?

I show up to the venue and there is literally only a handful of people to catch Peelander-Z. As I looked around I noticed I was the only girl. Raines then tells me that he thinks I'll be the ONLY girl to catch the Japanese Comic Punk band! How would I describe them? Think Power Rangers times 5000 plus loud guitars and all over the place drum beats.
I went into this not knowing what to expect and as the music starts, out comes "Red" guy in a rubber suit that looks like a cross between a lobster and a guitar!
The show was extremely interactive and many songs included lots of audience participation.....jump rope anyone?? How about some limbo? A mask maybe? How about you jump on stage and play the band's guitar and drums and form an audience band. Yeah that basically sums up the show. Yes the music was a little over the top and a not very understandable, but the experience itself was so fun. Best $5 dollars I've ever spent!


The show was extremely interactive and many songs included lots of audience participation.....jump rope anyone?? How about some limbo? A mask maybe? How about you jump on stage and play the band's guitar and drums and form an audience band. Yeah that basically sums up the show. Yes the music was a little over the top and a not very understandable, but the experience itself was so fun. Best $5 dollars I've ever spent!



Thanks Raines for dragging my butt out to Jake's!





2 comments:
Oh this really brings the LOLS. I can only imagine it in real life. I looked this band up on myspace and have been rocking out to "ninja high school." It's pretty catchy :) Glad u had a good time!!
When Blake was in Japan he said there were bands like this everywhere. He even got to get up on stage and play guitar for a few songs and our captain sang. Craziness! I'm glad you had fun!
Post a Comment