Friday, March 15, 2013

Let's play Catch-Up! Volume 1

I promised I'd be better about this here lil' blog and even though it's been TWO months lol since my last post, it seems like the posts are gonna probably going to be few and far between. I'm still trying to get used to this whole working a full time job/being a new Mom/helping Taylor with his photography business, so my lack of posting will definitely not be from lack of trying! We'll start of with last year. Last year was literally a blur. I feel like I was pregnant the whole year haha! We started the year off ringing in the New Year with our friends Erica/Zane and Court/Logan in Ruidoso. This was our last non-pregnant hurrah as shortly afterwards we found out we were pregnant. We stayed at a cabin, went tubing and overall just enjoyed each other's company. Later that month I went to Austin with my best friend Christi, her boyfriend T.J. and my sister. We went to see Wicked and had a wonderful time. I feel like I somehow subconsciously knew I was pregnant because I seriously had no desire to drink while we went out. Now most of you know I'm really not EVER one to turn down a drink lol, but I just didn't feel like it. A few days before the trip I had what I thought was my "monthly visitor" which was unlike any other "monthly visitor" I'd had as it was super light (TMI lol!)and even told Taylor that we weren't pregnant. We weren't necessarily trying, nor were we preventing pregnancy so it really wasn't a big deal. Once we were driving home from Austin, I began to think about that show on TLC "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant" haha and how some women had regular periods but them thought they merely had to go to the bathroom and end up delivering a baby in the toilet!! As soon as Taylor picked me up once we got back into to Lubbock I told him "I have to something to tell you." Now for those of you that do not know my paranoid husband, he instantly thought....oh my gosh she did something horrible in Austin! hahaha! I could have easily thought of another way to lead off but I guess I really wasn't thinking and by this time it was already 11:00PM and I was ready for bed. I knew I wanted to go and buy a pregnancy test as soon as we got back to Lubbock so I had downed a bottle of water so I'd be ready. We went by the nearest Walgreens on the way to our house and it was CLOSED! By this time I REALLY had to go. We went to Wal-Mart and of course that late at night there was only ONE checker. I'm literally about to wet my pants in the Wal-Mart line and told Taylor I was just going to take the test out of the box and run to the bathroom there at Wal-Mart and he could wait in line and pay for the test. He looked at me disgustingly and told me there was no way we were finding out if we were having a baby at Wal-Mart!! He sped all the way home and I sprinted to the bathroom. Since I was so early the line was really faint, and after 2 tests later the next day (one being the foolproof Pregnant/NOT Pregnant digital one haha) we knew we were knocked up :)

No comments: