So now our family and friends know we're pregnant, aaaaand we made it facebook official. We then knew we had to take a few maternity pictures and since Feeedler is a photographer, we went to one our favorite locations, set-up the tripod and put the camera on automatic timer lol! This was taken either end of May or beginning of June last year. At this point I was a little afraid that I was going to ginormous because I was already THIS big halfway into my pregnancy! I started out my pregnancy craving ice cream shakes from Sonic, but after a little bit of rapid weight gain I switched to jello and Taylor was constantly running to the store to buy the pre-made jello snack packs. Black cherry was my favorite!
Last July, Taylor and I met up with his family in Breckenridge, Colorado to scope out some places for their family reunion this summer. We had a great time and did lots of fun stuff and ate some AWESOME food. When I went to the Doctor for my monthly checkup I gained the most weight in that month than any previous months and the Doc asked me, "Did you just get back from vacation? Because I can tell!" He caught me lol! Here are a few pics from our mini vacay.
Then last August we traveled to Rockwall to help my Aunt and uncle move because they were FINALLY getting out of El Paso because my Uncle got a US Attorney job with the Dallas US Attorney's office. This was a huge blessing because of all the worry our family felt having them in El Paso and especially because of my Uncle's line of work which required him to travel to Mexico almost monthly. We knew their time in EP would be short lived, just long enough for my Uncle to get enough experience under his belt before applying for other US Attorney jobs, and luckily the job in Dallas opened up! While we were there we scheduled an appointment at StorkVision and were REALLY able to get a good look at Elayne. It was really neat because they had couches set up and projected the image onto a huge screen. Taylor, my Mom, Memaw, Aunt Doris and cousins Katarina and Mickaela joined. It was funny because Elayne kept hiding behind my placenta and later that evening my 11 year old cousin Mickaela asked me, "So what was Elayne hiding behind? Was it your meniscus?" Haha we still have a good laugh :)
Then in August and September I had a couple of showers, one in Lamesa and one in Lubbock. I seriously have the best family and friends because almost everyone near and dear to my heart came and showered us with love and tons of gifts. Taylor and I JUST NOW had to buy diapers for Elayne because up until now had been using diapers that we received at our showers. Here is a picture of me, my Mother-in-Law Dana and my Mom at my Lubbock shower. Oh yeah, look at me.....large and in charge! This was month to the day before I had Elayne. If I had two pitchers of kool-aid in my hands I'd look like the kool-aid man in my red dress lol!








No comments:
Post a Comment