Christi and I met each other at Vacation Bible School before we ever started school. In Kindergarten we were placed in the same class and we’ve been friends ever since. (24 years and counting!) One of our greatest accomplishments is that in all those years of friendship, we’ve only had 1 fight. That fight occurred in 7th grade when Christi ditched me to hang out with the much cooler 8th graders. After a few weeks of not talking, her Mom and my Memaw staged an intervention to “get us back together!” We couldn’t be more opposite, but honestly that’s been the secret to our friendship, we balance each other out!

Then there is Jenny. Jenny and I met during the Spring of 2001 when we were both student assistants at Tech. We became fast friends and had a lot in common, namely our love of music. We went to many a concert and some of my greatest college memories involve Jenny. I introduced Jenny to her husband Spencer and now they have a sweet baby girl, Madison. She’s an amazing girl, and I’m so happy to call her my friend.

Next is my Kayla! Kayla and I met in 2006 when she was a student assistant in my office at Tech. Kayla tells it like it is and if you cross her or one of her friends, you better watch out! She’s wise beyond her years and is probably one of the funniest girls I know. She’s witty, outspoken, outgoing and just all around amazing. Kayla lives in Midland now and we don’t see each other as often as we’d like, but when we do…watch out!

Then there is my sweet Court. She and I met when she became a grad assistant in my office at Tech in 2007. When I first met Court, she was this timid little girl that was in a very unhappy relationship. Between Kayla and I, we tried to show Court that there was more out there and the once timid little Court became a beautiful, fun and outgoing girl. Not that she wasn’t beautiful before, she was just in an unhealthy relationship where she wasn’t appreciated and made to feel like she wasn’t. We got her through that and later that year I introduced Court to my friend Logan who became her fiancĂ© 6 months later! They are getting married this June and Kayla and I are both bridesmaids! We can’t wait!

Then of course there is my sweet Coco. Coco has been by my side since the summer of 2004. She’s been my shadow, following me everywhere I go and sometimes she’s even my pillow when I fall asleep on the couch. She knows when I’m sad and she knows when it’s time to play. She’s the best dog and a complete sweetheart. Sometimes she thinks she’s a lapdog, which is okay with me because I love her so, so much!

There are of course many others that have touched my life in one way or another. Some people are lucky to even have one person they can call a true friend, I’m lucky to have 4…..and 5 if you include Miss Coco, which of course I do!




No comments:
Post a Comment