So I've been quite the busy bee lately. Between working full time during the day, catching local bands and interviewing them, promoting the site via facebook and myspace, I haven't had much time for anything else....except Tech Football, I gotta make time for that! Taylor and I have had a blast so far and we're nearing a month that we've been up and running. Taylor has been just as busy as I have between school, his job at O.L.L.I. and working on getting promos for giveaways for our readers. We have high hopes for the site, so hopefully we'll gain more readership and be able to reach some goals that we've set for ourselves.
So with that said, please keep me in your thoughts because at times all of this can be overwhelming. I've found myself having minor anxiety issues knowing that people are out there reading and critiquing my articles. I know it's just something I'll eventually have to get over.
One story I recently wrote is about an Austin based soul band (T-Bird and The Breaks) competing for a spot to play ACL in just a few weeks. If you haven't checked out the story, I highly advise you to check out the band and vote for them in the competition. Voting closes this Friday. The bass player (Cody) for the band is from Lubbock and also happens to be my friend Kenny's little brother. They even have a couple of videos on youtube that show a bit of their stage show. They are pretty awesome, so be sure and check them out when you have a chance, and vote, vote, vote :)



No comments:
Post a Comment