Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I've been M.I.A.

Whew, where to begin….it’s been awhile since I’ve posted anything so here’s a rundown as to what I’ve been up to. In January my family and I celebrated the 70th birthday of my favorite man in the whole world. My Papaw has been such an amazing influence in my life and even though his exterior suggests that he may be somewhat of a gruff, he’s very much quite the opposite. Here’s to many more birthdays Papaw!










February was a month chock full of music. I ventured to Ft. Worth at the beginning of the month to catch a Bob Schneider show at The Aardvark. If you remember, I was originally supposed to catch his New Year’s show in Austin but fell ill and was unable to attend. The show was awesome of course and I look forward to seeing him again in the future.





February and the first couple of weeks of March were packed full with Mr. Tonight and Adam West shows. My friend Adam Pompili was the rhythm guitar player for 80's cover band Mr. Tonight (I say was, and I’ll explain a little later!) and he was also the Adam in the Adam West Band. My other friend Logan West was the West part of the band. They apparently derived their name from Adam West as in the old school Batman Adam West. My weekends and some weeknights were spent watching Mr. Tonight and dancing to 80’s hits such as Sunglasses at Night, I Love Rock N’ Roll and Come On Eileen. During Adam West shows, I wowed (I use that term loosely!) everyone with my vast knowledge of every single song they played, much to Adam and Logan’s chagrin I was the designated “whoo” starter. You see when half the bar was busy talking, as soon as they heard me “whoo” they new that was their cue to start clapping for my homies!

The first couple of weeks of March were somewhat sad ones as this brought the end to Adam’s stay in Lubbock. Adam left Lubbock to pursue a career in the music business. He moved out to Hollywood, CA in order to attend the Musician’s Institute. Because of his departure, this meant that there had to be a going away party, or in Adam’s case; parties. The last Mr. Tonight show with Adam was quite fun with the band closing out the show with an awesome rendition of “Freebird” all the while performing on the tabletops at Rocky’s. My friends and I even went so far as to dress straight up 80’s style in commemoration of Adam’s last show. The last Adam West show about a week later was a surprise going away party complete with ice cream cake, presents and balloons. Also in town for the weekend was Suleika who came out to catch her first and last Adam West show.




















So this is part 1 of what's been going on with me, soon enough I'll post part 2 complete with a summary of my California trip complete with fun pictures!

No comments: